Businesswoman. Educator. Advocate.
Rebecca King, a longtime Atlanta resident and advocate for sustainable living, has worked with private, philanthropic and community organizations in a number of capacities. Her expertise is in the area of community livability. She is a member of the Buckhead Condo Alliance (BCA) as well as a member at-large and Fundraising Committee/Membership Chair for Livable Buckhead, working to ensure long-term vitality and prosperity of the Buckhead community. Rebecca co-chairs the Midtown Quality of Life & BCA joint committee to combat excessive bar and street noise along with illegal solid waste fees. She was Secretary and Board of Director for the North Buckhead Civic Association for two years and currently serves on the Neighborhood Planning Unit (NPU – B).
Rebecca lobbied Congress on behalf of Fraternities and Sororities, with particular attention to the End All Hazing and REACH Acts. She is a member of CLEAR, an organization committed to advocating for better practices in alcohol licensing.
Rebecca received her Bachelor of Science in Special Education from the University of South Alabama and an Associate Degree of Applied Science from Faulkner State Community College. Rebecca taught in the Baldwin County School system in the state of Alabama for two years and then worked in higher education at Faulkner State Community College for three years. Mrs. King is the CEO of Cover Your Assets™, Inc., a business that focuses on documentation and provides pictorial inventory of contents for insurance companies in case of a catastrophic event. She has been a catastrophe adjuster for 10 years.
Rebecca has been married to her husband Richard Nesbitt for over a decade; they have one daughter, Varena. Her hobbies include golfing, riding horses, running, knitting/sewing, and learning foreign languages.
- Old Ivy Park Steering Committee, October, 2015 – Current
- Atlanta Alumnae Panhellenic Association, 2013 – Current
- Atlanta Alumnae Panhellenic Association Foundation, June 2018 – Current
- Atlanta Chi Omega Alumnae Association, President, 2019 – Current
Past Member of:
- Paramount Condominium HOA
Board of Directors, 2008-2010, 2014-2016
President in 2010 & 2015, Operating budget: $1.9 Million.
- Epilepsy Foundation of Georgia 2010 – February 2019.
Helped lobby the State of Georgia to pass access for CBD oil for citizens with Epilepsy.
- Christ the King Advancement, Assistant, October 2018 – July 2019
- Georgia Shakespeare, Chair, Fundraising Committee of the Bard’s Bash 2008 – 2015
- Association of Fundraising Professionals, June 2019 – 2020